How to make an appointment?
- Please contact the office via telephone, email or through our online form.
- When making an appointment a GP / physiotherapist referral is ideally required as may be requested by your healthcare provider.
- On receipt of a referral, we will contact you in relation to organising an appointment.
What happens at the consultation?
- On arrival present yourself to the secretary. You will be asked to complete a GDPR form.
- If a diagnostic test is required prior to the appointment, you will be asked to present to the radiology department. Once this is completed, proceed to Mr. Jackson’s office.
- Mr Jackson and his team will have reviewed your referral and diagnostic tests prior to the beginning of the consultation. A thorough history will be carried out with Mr Jackson leading to a discussion for the next step.
- Payment and further appointments / surgery dates are completed on leaving the office.
Checklist for your appointment
- Health insurance details, including the policy number
- External imaging such as discs of MRIs, X-rays or any other relevant information
- List of medications
- Physiotherapist and GP contact details
Cancelling an appointment
We understand plans can change and if you cannot attend your appointment, we would be grateful if you could contact to the office. Out of hours, an email can be sent to email@example.com or please leave a message on the answering machine.
If you need to reschedule an appointment, we will do our best at our earliest availability.